Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tips & Techniques: Kitchen Essentials

I put together a list of items I like to keep the kitchen stocked with. These are things that make cooking convenient and affords you the chance to experiment with recipes more easily. I usually have recipes already in mind when I hit the market, otherwise I would stand in front of the meat section for an hour, and that can get...cold. So I recommend knowing what cuts of meat, specific veggies, or other perishables you plan on using that week before you arrive. There are of course some specialty items that are not listed such as curry paste, firm tofu, or kimchi that last a good amount of time and are also nice to have on hand. Every kitchen is unique after all (I know I could definitely eat more fruit) but this is simply a guide if you are in need of a pantry update. Feel free to comment things that are always on YOUR shelves!


No comments:

Post a Comment