Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fish Tales

Of all the things I fondly recall of living in Japan, the fish markets are at the top of the list. Having been used to the few fish options we have here in Los Angeles, discovering these massive, crowded, odoriferous caverns of fresh fish and I became a giddy wanderer. My husband, losing me among the styrofoam boxes and loudly yelling vendors would often have to reel me back in (sorry, I had to.) So upon returning stateside I have become a fish snob of sorts, often comparing quality and choices to the island options of Japan. So far the Korean Woori Market is my go-to place for unusual breeds and nice shellfish. They also have sashimi, sliced fresh in the seafood department which is better quality than most restaurants. As for the mad markets that I am so in awe of, I amassed a menagerie of photos documenting the aquatic delicacies, here are a few...


Kyoto Fish Market
 
 
 
 

Tsukiji Market

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment